top of page

Honorary International Peace Gardens Inaugurated 1996 & 2018

The Honorary International Peace Garden at Normandy, France 1996

This Garden is located in France and inaugurated in 1996: D-Day Normandy : La Cambe, Garden of Peace. La Cambe was originally the site of a battlefield cemetery created on 10 June 1944 by the 607th Quartermaster Graves Registration Company during the Battle of Normandy. American and German soldiers, sailors and airmen were buried in two adjacent fields.
Located at the entrance to the Allied Countries Garden of Peace, the Normandy Peace Garden was
presented by proclamation to the city of Caen, France during the official D-Day 50 th Anniversary
Commemoration in 1996. The story of the International Peace Gardens is deeply rooted in the history of
World War II. The idea of presenting an annual gift of a peace garden to a newly appointed country can
be traced to events that took place in the face of danger as country after country was invaded.

 

The Honorary International Peace Garden at No Gun Ri, South Korea 2018

The No Gun Ri massacre (Korean: 노근리 양민 학살 사건) occurred on July 26–29, 1950, early in the Korean War, when an undetermined number of South Korean refugees were killed in a U.S. air attack and by small- and heavy-weapons fire of the American 7th Cavalry Regiment at a railroad bridge near the village of Nogeun-ri (Korean: 노근리)-

 

The Peace Garden Trail History 

International Peace Garden Trail Members from 2010 to 2016

Located in upper New York State this section of the trail evolved from 2010 - 2016 and is home to our original "War of 1812 Bi=Centennial Peace Garden Trail". Honorary International Peace Gardens are dedicated at historic sites in the Great Lakes region of the United States and Abroad. War of 1812 Bicentennial Peace Gardens celebrate the two hundred years of peace and longstanding friendship between the United States and Canada that share the world’s longest undefended boarder.


         Denotes our Official  Honorary International Peace Garden Trail Members

Each garden on this site is a member, in good standing, of our "International Peace Garden Registry" on file.

Honorary International Peace Garden at Batavia NY

Visit the Beautiful Batavia Peace Garden located on the Banks of Tonawanda Creek  and occupies a site 11,000 sq ft 350′ long by 25′ X 30′ You will find this comfortable spot on West Main Street, Batavia, New York 14020.

Honorary International Peace Garden at Buffalo & Erie Botanical Gardens

The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens Society, Inc. (the Society) is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire curiosity and connect people to the natural world through its historic living museum. Created from the visions of extraordinary people; David F. Day, Frederick Law Olmsted, John F. Cowell, Frederick A. Lord and William A. Burnham, this masterpiece opened in 1900. Lord & Burnham, premier designers of Victorian glass houses brought these visions to life with their unique design that was based upon the famous Crystal Palace in England.

Peace-garden-sign-Copy.jpg

Honorary International Peace Garden at Soduspoint

This Lovely garden and interpretive panel is Located at 8440 Bay Street, Sodus Point, New York on the south side of the road in the 1812 Peace Garden. 

PathThruHistory_0614_0001010_2530d328-cfc1-1b4b-7cbfe6a59ccaa818.jpg

Honorary International Peace Garden at Oswego NY 

Part of a permanent trail of Peace Gardens established along an historic route where events of the War of 1812 determined the future of the US and the fate of many First Nations and Native American groups. The garden offers flowing paths lined with benches, a globe and a mill stone to signify the use of water for development of the land and a Grove of Nations. Open daily during daylight hours.

garden2.png

Honorary International Peace Garden at Williamson Pultneyville Historical Society 

Located in the historic district in the hamlet of Pultnyville, the Society owns and manages 3 properties: the Society house at 4130 Mill Street, Centennial Park in the center of Pultneyville and Gates Hall across the street from the park. Gates Hall, built in 1825 by the community has been the venue for many historic events, including talks on religion, slavery, and women’s rights as well as preparing supplies for the Civil War. 

Honorary International Peace Garden at Lewiston NY

The village of lewiston and the lewiston arts council came together to build this lovely and tranquil garden with interesting art installation.
 

buffalo-niagara-heritage-village2.jpg

Honorary International Peace Garden at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village (BNHV), is a history museum and educational institution in Amherst, New York. Our mission is to preserve, interpret, and exhibit the agricultural history and rural heritage of the Buffalo Niagara region.
Buf
falo Niagara Heritage Village is located on a 35-acre campus and our Historic Village contains ten historic buildings built during the 19th century. These buildings were moved to our campus when they were threatened with demolition during the Town’s rapid growth and development.


An official Path Through History Site! The Honorary International Peace Garden is located at the Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse, 70 Lighthouse Street in the City of Rochester. The area has been known as the Charlotte area in the northern part of the City of Rochester. The Lighthouse is designated a Historic Landmark and part of the Seaway Trail. The colorful rectangular garden is on the south fence line of the property. The garden is made up of four panels which provide the visitor with the details of the four encounters by the British during the War of 1812.

The Honorary International Peace Garden at Gennesee Lighthouse

The Honorary International Peace Garden at Buffalo History Museum

This Garden is located on scajaquada creek. Scene of several important engagements during the war of 1812. This garden represents a long history of friendship between Buffalo and its sister city Kanazawa, Japan. This garden today is an oasis of tranquility. The Museum is open with pay what you wish admission  (recommended admission is $10) Wednesdays through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free on M&T Third Fridays from 10a.m. to 5 p.m.  Tickets can be purchased at the Front Desk. The Museum and all facilities are closed on national holidays.

bottom of page