Welcome to Our Garden Registry Members Page
Rockwell Community Garden, a part of the Three Bears Gardens in Brooklyn New York
History of the Three Bears Gardens by Jon Crow Back in 1982, some folks living on Pacific Street were tired of all the prostitution and drug traffic on their block, so they got hold of BAM (which leased the entire block from the City for one of their parking lots), and worked to create the Pacific Street garden.
Then came a bad drought and nothing really happened for a few years. In 1985, a few of us started digging around in there, found an abandoned teddy bear, and well, the Bear’s Garden was born.
Community volunteers tend these Gardens and everyone is welcome to become a member. Members are each given a key to the gardens and you can tend to a vegetable bed, a flower bed or join in one of many workday BBQ’s.
Honorary International Peace Garden at Batavia
Nestled in Paolo Busti Park adjacent to the Holland Land Office Museum along the Tonawanda Creek, you’ll discover Batavia’s Honorary International Peace Garden. Batavia’s garden offers flowing pathways lined with benches, a globe, and a mill stone to signify the use of water for development of the land. This historical element represents the mills that supplied the new settlers with a necessary staple-flour. Today, flowers of another sort fill the garden with fragrance.
Honorary International Peace Garden at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens
This Peace Garden is dedicated to two noble and brave Buffalo women, Margaret St. John and Sarah Lovejoy. Margaret St. John’s cabin is the only dwelling to be spared by the British when they burn the then tiny village of Buffalo during the War of 1812.
Honorary International Peace Garden THe Kent Delord House
The Kent-Delord House is listed on the US National Register of Historic Places. Build in 1797, it is reputedly the oldest house in Plattsburgh, NY. The dwelling is a local history museum with extensive formal gardens. In 1814 during the War of 1812 the British utilized this home as headquarters.
Honorary International Peace Garden at Granger Homestead & Carriage Museum
During the War, Canandaigua became a military station where barracks were built, troops were quartered, and supplies stored, bought and sold. The Granger Homestead was built just after the War ended in 1814, but the grounds were used by military troops for drills and battle preparation.
Honorary Garden, Fair Haven Treasures, New York State
Details to Come
Honorary International Peace Garden at the Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse
The Honorary International Peace Garden is located at the Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse at the Port of Rochester, America's oldest surviving lighthouse on Lake Ontario. The colorful rectangular garden is on the south fence line of the property. The garden is made up of four panels which provide the visitor with the details of the four encounters here by the British during the War of 1812.
Honorary International Peace Garden at the Buffalo History Museum
This garden is located on Scajaquada Creek,the scene of several important engagements during the War of 1812. The garden represents a long history of friendship and peace between Buffalo and sister city Kanazawa Japan. Today the garden is an oasis of tranquility for visitors.
Honorary International Peace Garden, Lewiston New York State
It is very hard to imagine that at one time, the Village of Lewiston International Peace Garden was a parking lot. Located at 476 Center Street, this amazing pocket park bore witness to the War of 1812 initiation as well as the burning of Lewiston, December 13, 1813 by British and Mohawk Indian allies. Lewistonians were killed as they tried to escape out of the Village, passing by this now garden of peace.
Honorary International Peace Garden at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
There is an 1812 Peace Garden located just to the right of the main museum building entrance. The Peace Garden at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village pops with shades of greens, reds, pinks, and yellows, and has been designed to be in bloom all season long.
Honorary International Peace Garden at Niagara Falls Public Library
Gad Pierce operated a tavern close to this site in the early 1800s. During the War of 1812 in an effort to protect the local citizens and slow down the attacking British Forces his acts of bravery earned him the title, Niagara Frontier protector of freedom. Pierce Avenue is named in his honor.